You may be addicted to the internet when...
Hope you enjoyed this.com.
Sent in by Sheila Ward.net
- You actually wore a blue ribbon to protest the Communications Decency Act.
- You kiss your girlfriend's home page.
- Your bookmark takes 15 minutes to scroll from top to bottom.
- Your eyeglasses have a web site burned in on them.
- You find yourself brainstorming for new subjects to search.
- You refuse to go to a vacation spot with no electricity and no phone lines.
- You finally do take that vacation, but only after buying a cellular modem and a laptop.
- You spend half of the plane trip with your laptop on your lap...and your child in the overhead compartment.
- All your daydreaming is preoccupied with getting a faster connection to the net: 56KPS...ISDN...cable modem...T1...T3.
- And even your night dreams are in HTML.
- You find yourself typing .COM after every period when using a word processor.com.
- You turn off your modem and get this awful empty feeling, like you just pulled the plug on a loved one.
- You refer to going to the bathroom as downloading.
- You start introducing yourself as "Jim at I-I-Net dot net dot au.
- Your heart races faster and beats irregularly each time you see a new WWW site address in print or on TV, even though you've never had heart problems before.
- You step out of your room and realize that your parents have moved and you don't have a clue when it happened.
- You turn on your intercom when leaving the room so you can hear if new e-mail arrives.
- Your wife drapes a blond wig over your monitor to remind you what she looks like.
- All of your friends have an @ in their names.
- When looking at a page full of someone else's links, you notice all of them are already highlighted in purple.
- Your dog has its own home page.
- You've already visited all the links at Yahoo and you're halfway through Lycos.
- You can't call your mother...she doesn't have a modem.
- You realize there is not a sound in the house and you have no idea where your children are.
- You check your mail. It says "no new messages." So you check it again.
- You refer to your age as 3.x.
- You have commandeered your teenager's phone line for the net and even his friends know not to call on his line anymore.
- Your phone bill comes to your doorstep in a box.
- Even though you died last week, you've managed to retain OPS on your favorite IRC channel.
- You code your homework in HTML and give your instructor the URL.
- You don't know the sex of three of your closest friends, because they have neutral nicknames and you never bothered to ask.
- You name your children Eudora, Mozilla and Dotcom.
- You laugh at people with 2400 baud modems.
- Your husband tells you he's had the beard for two months.
- You miss more than five meals a week downloading the latest games from Apogee.t,
- You start looking for hot HTML addresses in public restrooms.
- You wake up at 3 a.m. to go to the bathroom and stop and check your e-mail on the way back to bed.
- You move into a new house and decide to Netscape before you landscape.
- You tell the cab driver you live at http://123.elm.street/house/bluetrim.html
- You actually try that 123.elm.street address.
- You tell the kids they can't use the computer because "Daddy's got work to do!" and you don't even have a job.
- Your friends no longer send you e-mail...they just log on to your IRC channel.
- You buy a Captain Kirk chair with a built-in keyboard and mouse.
- Your wife makes a new rule: "The computer cannot come to bed."
- You are so familiar with the WWW that you find the search engines useless.
- You get a tattoo that says "This body best viewed with Netscape 3.01 or higher."
- ou never have to deal with busy signals when calling your ISP...because you never log off.
- The last girl you picked up was only a jpeg.
- You ask a plumber how much it would cost to replace the chair in front of your computer with a toilet.
- You forget what year it is.
- You start tilting your head sideways to smile.
- You ask your doctor to implant a gig in your brain.
- You leave the modem speaker on after connecting because you think it sounds like the ocean wind...the perfect soundtrack for Surfing the Net.
- You begin to wonder how on earth your service provider is allowed to call 200 hours per month "unlimited."
- You turn on your computer and turn off your wife.
- .Your wife says communication is important in a marriage...so you buy another computer and install a second phone line so the two of you can chat.
- As your car crashes through the guardrail on a mountain road, your first instinct is to search for the BACK button.
Back to Lauderdale County Home Page
This page last updated Tue Apr 22 15:06:02 CDT 1997 and © 1996,97 by
Custom Software Solutions. For corrections, omissions, comments or suggestions click here. Look at CSS Internet Service for information on the complete line of Internet services for Lauderdale County.