* You wore anything Izod, especially those
windbreakers that folded up into a pouch you
could wear around your waist.
* You owned a Jordache anything, or you remember
when Jordache jeans were cool.
* You remember LeFreak by Chic.
* In your sophomore class picture, you're wearing
an Izod shirt with the collar "up."
* "All-skate, change directions" means something
* In high school, you and all your friends
discussed elaborate plans to
get together again at the end of the century
and play "1999" by Prince
over and over again.
* You rode in the back of the station wagon and
you faced the cars behind you in the "tail gunner" position.
* Schoolhouse Rock played a HUGE part in how you
actually learned the English language.
* You ever dressed to emulate a person you saw in
either a Duran Duran, Madonna, Rick Springfield, or Cyndi Lauper
* You actually know who Rick Springfield is.
* You're starting to believe (now that it
wouldn't affect YOU) that
maybe having the kids go to school year-round
wouldn't be such a bad
idea after all.
* You ever wanted to be gagged with a spoon
* Bo and Luke Duke.
* There was nothing strange about Bert n' Ernie
* Knickers and leg warmers were cool
* You learned to swim about the same time Jaws
came out and still carry
the emotional scars to this day.
* You ever wanted to learn to play "Stairway to
Heaven" on the guitar
and choreographed "Dancing Queen" by yourself in
* You were afraid of the Sleestaks on Land of the
* The first time you ever kissed someone was at a
dance during "Crazy for You" by Madonna
* You ever used the phrase "kiss mah grits" in
* You had ringside seats for Luke and Laura's
* You know who shot J.R.
* This rings a bell: "and my name, is Charlie.
They work for me."
* You ever had a Dorothy Hammill haircut.
* You sat with your friends on a Friday night and
to see if Jenny would answer.
* You owned a pair of Rainbow suspenders just
like Mork used to wear.
* You remember when your cable TV box had the
three rows of numbers and
you had to move the selector switch
* You could sing "99 Red Balloons" in English and
* Feathered hair.
* Your jaw would ache by the time you finished
packages of Bazooka gum.
* The phrase "Where's the beef?" still doubles
you over with laughter.